The Gospel Goes to the Gentiles
Sabbath School Lesson 2017 Quarter 3 Lesson 1 Wednesday
The Gospel Goes to the Gentiles…what is the significance of this? Answer these questions in regard to how God sees humanity:
- Are there different paths to salvation for different groups?
- Does God value one ethnic or racial or national group over another?
- Do some humans have a different sin condition than others?
- Do all human beings have the same sin condition and in need of the same solution?
If all humans have the same sin condition and need the exact same remedy, and God favors no group over another, then what was the purpose of the Jewish nation? Was God favoring them with salvation and not wanting other non-Jews saved?
In OT times is there evidence that God wanted all people to be saved?
- Solomon’s Prayer: “When foreigners who live in a distant land hear how great and powerful you are and how you are always ready to act, and then they come to pray at this Temple, 33 listen to their prayers. In heaven, where you live, hear them and do what they ask you to do, so that all the peoples of the world may know you and obey you, as your people Israel do.” 2nd Chronicles 6:32,33
- Isaiah 56:6,7: And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord to serve him, to love the name of the Lord, and to worship him, all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it and who hold fast to my covenant— 7 these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
- And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. Numbers 12:1
- Rahab, Ruth, Naaman, Nebuchadnezzar, the widow who sheltered Elijah—all saved, all non-Jews.
Then what was the purpose of the Jewish nation?
- To be actors in a play, a drama, to learn the truth about the problem of sin and God’s solution, and to take this truth to the world. They were God’s first helpers to teach the entire world of God’s plan to save all who let Him.
- But they rejected their mission, so God gave the privilege to the Gentiles to take the healing remedy to the world.
If interested to follow our Sabbath School Lesson 2017 commentary online at Facebook, you may do so here;
Sabbathschoolquarterly.com is an independent ministry and is not part of, affiliated with, or supported by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists®, or any affiliates known as the Seventh-day Adventist® Church. Thus, any content or opinions expressed, implied or included in or with the use of the Sabbath School Quarterly offered by sabbathschoolquarterly.com are solely those of sabbathschoolquarterly.com and not those of the Seventh-day Adventist® Church.