Habit: Keep a Healthy Mind, Body, and Soul
Sabbath School Lesson 2018 Quarter 1 Lesson 12 Wednesday
The lesson is about keeping a healthy mind, body and soul, read second paragraph,
“Christ worked tirelessly when here for the uplifting of humanity spiritually, mentally, and physically, all as precursor to the final restoration at the end of time. Jesus’ ministry of healing proves that God wants us to be as healthy as we possibly can now until the end comes. Thus stewards develop habits for their minds, bodies, and souls that promote a healthy lifestyle.”
What kinds of work did Christ do when here on earth?
- Various other miracles
- Confrontation with Satan
- Cooking fish
- Helping with the boats when they traveled?
- Bible study?
- Meditation and time with Father?
- Attending weddings?
- Attending feasts?
- Resisting temptation and saying no to selfishness?
What makes it easier to resist temptation?
- Is it merely saying no behaviorally?
- Is it saying no in heart?
- What is the difference?
- Consider addicts who says no behaviorally because they fear the legal or health consequences, but in heart they think or feel, “Yeah, but I wish I could, it would feel so good, that was so fun.” Does this make it easy to resist temptation? What needs to change for this person?
- How do such changes come about?
- How does this apply to the non-addict?
What about changing dietary habits, what helps?
- Understanding the need
- Believing the purpose
- Choosing to apply and sticking with it for 3 months, then neural wiring and taste change
Read the bottom green section;
Think about the kind of habits you have and how they impact your spiritual, physical, and mental health. Are there some changes that you need to make that could help you improve in any or all of these areas? What choices can you make and what Bible promises can you claim that will help you improve the quality of your life now as you await your final restoration?